If they were in a car accident that someone else caused, but they only had minor injuries—injuries that lasted a few weeks or a couple of months—they probably can settle that case themselves, and they will not have to pay an attorney.
If you or someone you know was in a car accident that someone else caused, and the injuries will last for 6 months or longer, then you must talk with an experienced car accident lawyer.
These are some of the things that my office will do for you if you hire us:
- We will get police reports, photographs, and all investigation information;
- We will get all medical reports and records;
- We will get all employment records to help determine wage loss;
- We will investigate the other driver’s involved;
- We will talk with your physicians in order to determine the extent of injury;
- We will learn the effect your injuries will have on your health, on your work, and on your free-time activities;
- We will discuss this information with you and we will establish the amount that will fairly and adequately compensate you for your injuries;
- We will negotiate with all insurance companies involved;
- We will negotiate with any health insurance or other lienholders;
- We will get a final offer from the insurance companies;
- We will discuss the final offer with you;
- We will settle the case if that is your decision and review and prepare all documents;
- If the insurance company’s settlement offer is not acceptable, then we will discuss the option of starting a lawsuit against the negligent person or corporation;
- We will handle all the pre-trial work such as discovery and depositions;
- We prepare you for trial and we will prepare witnesses and exhibits for trial; and
- We will try the case to the jury.
A trial is simply telling your story to the jury. Your story includes how the other person caused the crash, and the effect the crash has had on your health, on your work, and on your free-time activities.
The quality of the investigation and the pre-trial work will be shown by the powerful story that we will tell the jury.
If you or someone you know has been in a car accident that was caused by another person, and you have any questions, please contact my office for a free, no-obligation consultation.
I am an experienced Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin car accident lawyer and I would love to help you. We cover all the states mentioned. We can help you if your crash was in a different state in association with a local attorney.
We work in all of these cities: Chicago Illinois, Rockford Illinois, Milwaukee Wisconsin, Madison Wisconsin, Green Bay Wisconsin, Appleton Wisconsin, Oshkosh Wisconsin, Eau Claire Wisconsin, La Crosse Wisconsin, Des Moines Iowa, Cedar Rapid Iowa, Iowa City Iowa, Waterloo Iowa, Ames Iowa, Dubuque Iowa, Davenport Iowa, Sioux City Iowa, Council Bluffs Iowa, Mason City Iowa, Fort Dodge Iowa, Minneapolis Minnesota, St. Paul Minnesota, Duluth Minnesota, Rochester Minnesota, St. Cloud Minnesota, Mankato Minnesota, Moorhead Minnesota, Bemidji Minnesota, Bloomington Minnesota, Eden Prairie Minnesota, Edina Minnesota, Plymouth Minnesota, Brooklyn Park Minnesota, Burnsville Minnesota, Shakopee Minnesota, Apple Valley Minnesota, Eagan Minnesota, Richfield Minnesota, Woodbury Minnesota, Blaine Minnesota, Minnetonka Minnesota, Maple Grove Minnesota, Anoka Minnesota, Coon Rapids Minnesota, Omaha Nebraska, Lincoln Nebraska, Sioux Falls South Dakota, Brookings South Dakota, Watertown South Dakota, Rapid City South Dakota, Fargo North Dakota, Grand Forks North Dakota, Bismarck North Dakota, Williston North Dakota, and Minot North Dakota.