Amputation Injury Attorneys in Bloomington, MN
Caring Legal Help for Personal Injury Victims with Amputations Across the Nation
Amputations are among the most severe types of personal injury a person can endure, resulting in the loss of a body part, typically a limb. The consequences of such injuries are far-reaching and life-altering. Beyond the immediate physical pain and suffering, amputees often face significant challenges, including long-term physical disability, psychological trauma, and financial strain.
Physically, amputees must adapt to a new way of life, relearning how to perform daily tasks without their amputated limb. They may require long-term physical therapy, rehabilitation, and prosthetics. The loss of a limb can also lead to secondary health issues such as phantom limb pain, bone spurs, and psychological conditions like depression and anxiety.
Whether from a car accident or some other type of accident, amputations caused by traumatic injury mean a long road to recovery, and JD Haas & Associates, PLLC is here to help you navigate that journey. If someone else is responsible for your amputation injuries, let us work to secure the compensation you deserve.
Our goal is to bridge the gap between your life before and after amputation by securing justice for your life-changing injury. We offer legal support that goes beyond a typical attorney-client relationship. We see ourselves as shepherds for people in their time of need.
Common Causes of Amputation Injuries in Personal Injury Claims
Amputation injuries can occur in various situations and are often the result of negligence on the part of another party.
Common causes in personal injury claims include but are not limited to:
- Car accidents: High speeds, tailgating, drunk driving, and other negligent road behavior can cause collisions inflicting severe trauma, leading to amputation.
- Motorcycle accidents: Because of bodily exposure, bikers often sustain catastrophic injuries that can cause amputations.
- Truck accidents: Because of their enormous size and weight, commercial trucks typically cause deadlier injuries to the occupants of other vehicles; these crashes can end up in the loss of limbs for unfortunate victims.
- Bicycle accidents: Like motorcyclists, bicyclists must share the road with larger vehicles without the protections that cars and trucks afford, leaving them at risk for severe injuries, such as amputations.
- Pedestrian accidents: As another category of accident victims with a much higher risk of catastrophic injury, pedestrians have no protection against vehicles, the roadway, or nearby objects when struck in traffic. Amputation is a high risk in these accidents.
Damages We Recover in Amputation Lawsuits
At JD Haas & Associates, PLLC, our goal is to help you secure maximum compensation to cover the extensive costs associated with amputation injuries.
We work diligently to recover damages such as:
- Medical expenses: This includes all medical costs related to the injury, from initial emergency care to ongoing rehabilitation, prosthetics, and any future medical needs.
- Lost wages and future earnings: Amputation can impede your ability to work, and we pursue recovery for lost income and anticipated future lost earnings.
- Pain and suffering: This encompasses the physical pain and mental anguish associated with losing a limb.
- Loss of quality of life: Amputation injuries can negatively impact your ability to enjoy life, and compensation is pursued for this loss.
Our team thoroughly investigates your injury’s circumstances, gathering evidence and enlisting medical experts, accident reconstruction specialists, and other relevant professionals to build a compelling case.
We aggressively negotiate with insurance companies and, if necessary, take your case to court to ensure you receive the full compensation you deserve. We're committed to alleviating some of the burdens associated with amputation injuries so you can focus on recovery and adapting to life post-injury.
As Personal Injury Attorneys, We Don’t Take Just Any Case
Our team is motivated by guiding people forward through a traumatic time. We know from experience that you never “move on” from a life-changing loss like an amputation. But life goes on either way, and you need steady support to embrace your new routine and skilled legal guidance to seek monetary damages.
Being a pillar of strength for each client and offering personalized counsel is time-consuming, challenging, and rewarding. It’s what ignites a spark in our legal team.
We give our all to represent every client; this means we must take on fewer cases than other firms. Our team concentrates on representing those with severe, often life-changing injuries, such as amputation or wrongful death. We must spend more time on the details of each case, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Our commitment to understanding the unique challenges our clients face sets us apart.
Our legal team is recognized and respected by peers, judges, and the broader legal community. Fellow lawyers routinely refer their friends and families to our firm.
Work with a law firm that has a proven record of success.
With over four decades of experience, JD Haas & Associates brings a wealth of legal knowledge to every case.
Learn how our injury lawyers can help during a free consult.
With licenses extending to over 10 states, JD Haas & Associates is equipped to handle legal matters across a broad geographic scope.